Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,969   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,940,804   Online Now: 148
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,367 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Now we make conditional picks on everyone who gets taken by the NHL. Strome and Hamilton are a given to stay up in the NHL, so we won't get anything for them. Who knows what will happen to Ritchie and Theoret, but they have much better chances of playing the rest of the season in the OHL, so we might be able to get some draft picks for them.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know why theoret was out today? Was wondering if there is a pending deal.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,368 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
Anyone know why theoret was out today? Was wondering if there is a pending deal.
Got hurt Monday...left the game midway through the second period. Didnt play Friday either.

Last edited by fishfan51; 01-06-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
If memory serves me correctly he suffered a hip pointer against Erie. Should be ready to go next week according to Marty W.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

Let the rebuild begin! I'm happy to see some trades happening today with Owen Sound, looks like OTT is taking themselves out of the running a bit for this year.. I don't like our chances if Marty stands pat with the Dogs. Having said that, I do like the additions he's made. It's just not enough to have a snowball's chance against London.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Let the rebuild begin! I'm happy to see some trades happening today with Owen Sound, looks like OTT is taking themselves out of the running a bit for this year.. I don't like our chances if Marty stands pat with the Dogs. Having said that, I do like the additions he's made. It's just not enough to have a snowball's chance against London.
It will be REALLY nice to have any of our big 3 to trade now. If we want to make runs again for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons, Erie and Ottawa will give us fits. (Erie in the first year, Ottawa in both)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM
3rd Line

Boyski will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Boyski

Well Kitchener made a deal got Leivo, Corrado and goalie Villaneau from Sudbury. I like the two addtions Ice Dogs have made so far. But we have alot players i think we could move that would be great additions for other teams making a run at the championship. Sure i don't want many to go, but it makes for smart hockey buisness for the future of the club. Still a couple of days left so we'll see what happens. Reguardless still am and always will be a fan. GO DOGS GO!!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:13 PM
3rd Line

the octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the rough

Based on the info., the Dogs should make a run for it this year. Strome and Ritchie should be back. Hamilton is not ready for the show. Some nights he struggles in the O. The Dogs are in a crappy situation.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:32 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,367 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
Based on the info., the Dogs should make a run for it this year. Strome and Ritchie should be back. Hamilton is not ready for the show. Some nights he struggles in the O. The Dogs are in a crappy situation.
So you think the Dogs can beat London and win the OHL championship with 3 players?

We'd have to replace almost every other player on the TEAM to make a run for it this year.

You'd be willing to sit through the next 15 years of having no draft picks and finishing at the bottom, in order to build a team that could make a run for it this year?

Not me!!

Sell everything we can, start putting the pieces in place that can build a team for maybe year 3 in the new rink.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we are going to get anything for Strome, Hamilton or Ritchie due to the timing issues. I sure as hell don't want to give them away and giving them away will do nothing for us in the future. While I agree that we would have a difficult time winning the OHL title I think we can win the East and make it to the finals. I also can't see us us being bad for 15 years if we don't sell. Bit of a stretch there AD. Bottom line, if we can get a good return then by all means sell, if not lets go for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post: