Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,448    Downloads: 1,213,344   Msgs Posted: 122,062   Thread Views: 21,747,120   Online Now: 125
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:16 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,547 Times in 853 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
seems odd that Daniel Bukac was a scratch tonight he is a plus 9...did anyone see him at rink tonight?

On the pre game I think they said he was suspended for an altercation in a previous game ?

I only caught the tail end of the clip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2018, 11:26 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
On the pre game I think they said he was suspended for an altercation in a previous game ?

I only caught the tail end of the clip

Upper body injury

Last edited by dogs777; 11-15-2018 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Updated after Billy’s post game
Old 11-16-2018, 12:04 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think what this whole Colton Incze/Akil Thomas injury/non-injury thing has shown me is that there is way too much speculation, conjecture and rumour here, and not nearly enough fact. As it turned out, it sounded like Akil Thomas’ injury was not nearly as serious as was initially thought. And as for Colton Incze, we just don’t know. We’re just going to have to wait until more information comes out. Maybe there’s something to it, maybe not.
As for tonight’s match, that was a real good effort against a very tough team. The Dogs displayed a really determined game, and beat a Hamilton team that has kinda had Niagara’s number the last little while.
Way to go boys, a big 2 points!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 08:18 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,547 Times in 853 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Entertaining game last night and a good crowd in the barn on a miserable night.

Dhillon was solid but I’m sure he’d like the third goal back too.

Great game by Jones and Castleman had probably one of his best games of the season that I’ve seen.

Don’t know what the Flyers saw in Matt Strome to justify using a fourth rounder on him. Big kid sure. Skating is below average and he just kinda looks awkward out there. I’d be shocked if he has any type of pro career. Certainly don’t envision him ever donning the orange and black of the Flyers. Definitely the least skilled of the three Strome kids. Really hope the Dogs don’t acquire him...

Old 11-16-2018, 08:36 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I think what this whole Colton Incze/Akil Thomas injury/non-injury thing has shown me is that there is way too much speculation, conjecture and rumour here, and not nearly enough fact. As it turned out, it sounded like Akil Thomas’ injury was not nearly as serious as was initially thought. And as for Colton Incze, we just don’t know. We’re just going to have to wait until more information comes out. Maybe there’s something to it, maybe not.
As for tonight’s match, that was a real good effort against a very tough team. The Dogs displayed a really determined game, and beat a Hamilton team that has kinda had Niagara’s number the last little while.
Way to go boys, a big 2 points!
Both Thomas and Bukac listed as day to day according to Billy Burke in this story:

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...best-bulldogs/
Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Entertaining game last night and a good crowd in the barn on a miserable night.

Dhillon was solid but I’m sure he’d like the third goal back too.

Great game by Jones and Castleman had probably one of his best games of the season that I’ve seen.

Don’t know what the Flyers saw in Matt Strome to justify using a fourth rounder on him. Big kid sure. Skating is below average and he just kinda looks awkward out there. I’d be shocked if he has any type of pro career. Certainly don’t envision him ever donning the orange and black of the Flyers. Definitely the least skilled of the three Strome kids. Really hope the Dogs don’t acquire him...

On several occasions in the past I recall seeing people questioning why we did not take Strome at 7 rather than Jones, as Strome was "so much better" and how could Marty pass him over. In hindsight, maybe not such a bad decision?

Really interesting to now look back at that 2015 draft and see how close the Dogs were to getting Strome and not Jones, and how those others from that OHL draft that year for 1st rounds have developed. Highlighted the ones that were drafted to the NHL so far.

1. Sudbury - Levin
2. Windsor - Valardi
3. Flint - McLeod
4. Missy - Tippet
5. Petes - Gallant
6. Saginaw - Gilmour
7. Niagara - Jones
8. Hamilton - Strome
9. OS - Philips
10. Sarnia - Chmelevski
11. Kingston - Burt
12. Kitchener - Meireles
13. Niagara - Davies
14. OS - Suzuki
15. Guelph - Ratcliff
16. Ottawa - Keating
17. London - Bouchard
18. NB - Lyle
19. Barrie - Tortora
20. Erie - Lodnia
21. Oshawa - Studnicka
22. SSM - Hawell
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Hope they keep it up the rest of the weekend.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:05 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

by numbers Strome gp 213 g95 a97 pts 192...0.90 Jones gp212 g58 a101 pts 159.......0.75
Old 11-17-2018, 01:44 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Just looked back at their stats as that info surprised me. But when you look at their 1st year (when Strome was on a weak Bulldogs team and was playing PP in his 1st year, compared with Jones who was on our OHL winning team and was playing 4th line mins and didn't play hardly at all in play-offs) then the #s make more sense. In yr one each played 61 games, but Jones only got 9 pts to Strome's very impressive 38.

If you take out that 1st year, their #s are very similar - Jones 151 games at 150 pts and Strome 152 games and 154 pts. Both basically a pt/game player. Different styles and different skill-sets for sure. Big difference in physique and what they offer a team. Jones went in 7th round to Vegas and has signed an ELC, Strome went in 4th round of the same draft and not yet signed. But I am sure he will.

Interesting to follow 2 kids who came out of the same Marlies team (who also had Entwhistle, McLeod, CJ Clarke (Flint), Peca (Barrie), Quinn Hughes (Michigan), Kody Clark (Ottawa), McGrath (Sudbury) and our very own Elijah Roberts), who went #7 and #8 and have tracked pretty similar stats - but Strome went to a Memorial Cup. Let's hope Jonesy gets the chance to tick that box this year!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 03:25 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Just looked back at their stats as that info surprised me. But when you look at their 1st year (when Strome was on a weak Bulldogs team and was playing PP in his 1st year, compared with Jones who was on our OHL winning team and was playing 4th line mins and didn't play hardly at all in play-offs) then the #s make more sense. In yr one each played 61 games, but Jones only got 9 pts to Strome's very impressive 38.

If you take out that 1st year, their #s are very similar - Jones 151 games at 150 pts and Strome 152 games and 154 pts. Both basically a pt/game player. Different styles and different skill-sets for sure. Big difference in physique and what they offer a team. Jones went in 7th round to Vegas and has signed an ELC, Strome went in 4th round of the same draft and not yet signed. But I am sure he will.

Interesting to follow 2 kids who came out of the same Marlies team (who also had Entwhistle, McLeod, CJ Clarke (Flint), Peca (Barrie), Quinn Hughes (Michigan), Kody Clark (Ottawa), McGrath (Sudbury) and our very own Elijah Roberts), who went #7 and #8 and have tracked pretty similar stats - but Strome went to a Memorial Cup. Let's hope Jonesy gets the chance to tick that box this year!
..Good post. ....I agree Jones had far less ice time on an OHL contending team (Niagara) then Strome did in his Rookie year. Minus that Rookie season and similar numbers.