Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,754,879   Msgs Posted: 134,091   Thread Views: 30,194,071   Online Now: 99
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:38 AM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I think you're kidding yourself. If this slide continues you will see very shortly that attendance will drop. Windsor used to sell out every game now they're at 3900 with a very good team in a much bigger barn. If people don't enjoy the product they won't come. Many will start doing other things and not come back even when you're good again. I said last year when they forced going for it when they weren't that good they were risking doing long term damage to the franchise. I think they did just that.

The sad thing is if they sold Jones, Maksimov and anyone else they could last year. Didn't trade for Robertson, Paquette, Studnicka and the lazy overager (plus Militec the year before) they could have won this year. Imagine Thomas, Thomasino, Lodnia, Sopa, Hunter, Moore, Constantinou plus with 2 or 3 forwards, 2 d-men and a GOALIE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
TIE BREAKING SYSTEM

If two teams are tied for the final OHL playoff position, a sudden-death playoff game will be played (Tuesday March 24) to determine the team that advances.

Home team to be determined by the OHL tie-breaking method:

1. greater number of regular and overtime Wins. (Shootout wins not included).
<> Niagara 15 v Kingston 15

2. head-to-head competition (total points).
<> Niagara 5 v Kingston 4
If our gameplay is to ensure the 1st rounder, we all need to be on board to close the 10 point gap with NB. Does that seem to be the case? Is BB on that page, let alone JB or the owners? Does seem a half a...d effort so far. Maybe they couldn't get a deal with the Fantilli's?
Old 02-29-2020, 10:49 AM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
No I haven’t seen him play I’m just not ready to call anybody a franchise player until they play in the league I’m sure you can find plenty of guys that people thought would be really good that ended up being just ok
So, you’ve never seen him play, but formed an opinion that you think “he’s good” but you “don’t think he’s a franchise player”. It’s interesting that you can form such an opinion without ever seeing the kid play. How would one do that?

Every scouting report written has him as a franchise player. Some even said he was better than Shane Wright last year. But, you’ve never seen him play and say he isn’t. How? Why? Huh?
Old 02-29-2020, 11:42 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
So, you’ve never seen him play, but formed an opinion that you think “he’s good” but you “don’t think he’s a franchise player”. It’s interesting that you can form such an opinion without ever seeing the kid play. How would one do that?

Every scouting report written has him as a franchise player. Some even said he was better than Shane Wright last year. But, you’ve never seen him play and say he isn’t. How? Why? Huh?
Have you seen him play or just watched highlights like probably everyone else who isn’t a scout? I never said he was “just good” I said I’m sure others in previous draft years have had hype and turned out to be “good” but not a franchise player but to answer your how and why like I said in another post until it happens in the OHL consistently I’m not calling anyone a franchise player IMO
Old 02-29-2020, 11:56 AM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Have you seen him play or just watched highlights like probably everyone else who isn’t a scout? I never said he was “just good” I said I’m sure others in previous draft years have had hype and turned out to be “good” but not a franchise player but to answer your how and why like I said in another post until it happens in the OHL consistently I’m not calling anyone a franchise player IMO
Yes, I have seen him play. I’ve seen him live numerous times last year. That’s how I would form an opinion. I still don’t know how you do. You wrote this Franchise player? fantilli Is good but I don’t think he’s a franchise player. Not that you had any credibility to begin with, but you lost any with that comment. SMH

How do you even say that he is good, if you haven’t seen him play? Your giving opinion based on what?

Last edited by NachoLou; 02-29-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:04 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
Yes, I have seen him play. I’ve seen him live numerous times last year. That’s how I would form an opinion. I still don’t know how you do. You wrote this Franchise player? fantilli Is good but I don’t think he’s a franchise player. Not that you had any credibility to begin with, but you lost any with that comment. SMH

How do you even say that he is good, if you haven’t seen him play? Your giving opinion based on what?
Sorry I worded that poorly what I should’ve said/meant to say is IMO I don’t think he’s a franchise player yet until he does it in the OHL
Old 03-01-2020, 04:35 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,003 Times in 655 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

Eyes on the prize, folks.
Eyes on the prize. If not 1st overall, then 2nd. Make all this crap worth it. The only thing that would make this season worth it will be the IceDog sweater on the kid taken 1st overall.
Just a little while longer, and before you know it, we’ll be watching the highest drafted player in IceDogs history on our ice, with Isaac Enright, and the Fantilli brothers.
I really hope Elliot Price and Anst(sp?)Kumar are just pretending that they don’t get the big picture here, because they can’t openly cheer for the Dogs to lose games. Surely they understand what we’re working towards here.
The franchise player the IceDogs will be built around for the next four years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Just read on Twitter where the Hamilton Bulldogs have parted ways with their head coach.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Big League

dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

I just read that even if Scotty Bowman were available, and he would pay the Dogs to let him coach the team, the Burkes would still feel that Billy B is still the preferred option at the HC position.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Big League

The Bulldogs have indeed ‘parted ways’ with HC Vince Laise. Steve Staios re-assumes the HC position. Staios now in dual GM/HC role.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Nepotism may be alive & well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I just read that even if Scotty Bowman were available, and he would pay the Dogs to let him coach the team, the Burkes would still feel that Billy B is still the preferred option at the HC position.
If a "winning" team can make a choice such as this, given recent history, how impossible would it be for the Ice Dogs to "do the right thing"?

It is an open question. Could BB actually realize he is way over his head & ask his folks to make the change for the "good" of the team, the owners, himself & the fans?

Might be too much to hope for, yet...

Last edited by OlDawg; 03-03-2020 at 09:50 PM.