Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,751,943   Msgs Posted: 134,091   Thread Views: 30,186,890   Online Now: 151
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Recognizing that the draft process is a team effort, what grade would you assign?
A - team got the best possible results 3 30.00%
B - not bad but could have done better 6 60.00%
C - average results nothing stellar 1 10.00%
D - seriously under-performed 0 0%
F - failure, complete miss 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2020, 04:09 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,856 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Reading Joey Burke's comments sounds like Fantilli is still an option and a defenseman is an option (Ty Nelson?) with that #2 pick. Joey appears to have a plan and are very confident in how this draft will play out.

IceDogs looking for impact players at draft
By Bill Potrecz - March 31, 2020
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/iced...yers-at-draft/

“It’s massive. You cannot understate how important it is. It really could be the most important draft we’ve ever had,” Burke said.

“To be picking second overall for the first time ever is massive. We’ll get a calibre of player we haven’t been able to draft before.”
“I would like a minimum of three and we’ve targeted four guys, and if things work out the way we hope, we can bring in all four here next year.”

The IceDogs clearly have a need up front to upgrade. “I would think at least two or three of those first four picks would be forwards, but with that being said, there is a defenceman who is head and shoulders above everybody else,” Burke said
Should Fantilli not be selected by the Battalion, the IceDogs would need to be 100 per cent sure he would commit to the OHL…

“We don’t quite know where they’re going,” Burke said about Fantilli and the Battalion. “I’ve heard rumours that they have two players they are kind of looking at, Fantilli obviously and another guy. We have our plan A and plan B ready to go. We have three players we hold in high regard above everybody else and we know at the very least one of those players will be there.

The centre of attention
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/the-...-of-attention/

Admirals coach Kevin Rosebrugh is a big fan of LeBlanc’s offensive abilities. “Andrew Leblanc has probably the best vision of any player I’ve seen at this age,” Rosebrugh said. “He’s one of the top playmaking centre available. He has unbelievable hands and touch in traffic areas. His puck protection and shiftiness are top notch.”

Alfano anxious for OHL draft
By Bill Potrecz - March 30, 2020
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/alfa...for-ohl-draft/

Sam Alfano is dedicated to becoming a better player. “Every year I just try and work my hardest. I love the game. It’s not a chore for me to work my hardest and develop as a player. It’s something I love to do,” he said. “My summers are dedicated to becoming a better hockey player. All summer, I train so when I go into the season I do look like I’ve become better each year.”

Last edited by Blacksox; 03-31-2020 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:13 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Reading Joey Burke's comments sounds like Fantilli is still an option and a defenseman is an option (Ty Nelson?) with that #2 pick. Joey appears to have a plan and are very confident in how this draft will play out.

IceDogs looking for impact players at draft
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/iced...yers-at-draft/

“It’s massive. You cannot understate how important it is. It really could be the most important draft we’ve ever had,” Burke said.

“To be picking second overall for the first time ever is massive. We’ll get a calibre of player we haven’t been able to draft before.”
“I would like a minimum of three and we’ve targeted four guys, and if things work out the way we hope, we can bring in all four here next year.”

The IceDogs clearly have a need up front to upgrade. “I would think at least two or three of those first four picks would be forwards, but with that being said, there is a defenceman who is head and shoulders above everybody else,” Burke said
Should Fantilli not be selected by the Battalion, the IceDogs would need to be 100 per cent sure he would commit to the OHL…

“We don’t quite know where they’re going,” Burke said about Fantilli and the Battalion. “I’ve heard rumours that they have two players they are kind of looking at, Fantilli obviously and another guy. We have our plan A and plan B ready to go. We have three players we hold in high regard above everybody else and we know at the very least one of those players will be there.

The centre of attention
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/the-...-of-attention/

Admirals coach Kevin Rosebrugh is a big fan of LeBlanc’s offensive abilities. “Andrew Leblanc has probably the best vision of any player I’ve seen at this age,” Rosebrugh said. “He’s one of the top playmaking centre available. He has unbelievable hands and touch in traffic areas. His puck protection and shiftiness are top notch.”

Alfano anxious for OHL draft
By Bill Potrecz - March 30, 2020
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/alfa...for-ohl-draft/

Sam Alfano is dedicated to becoming a better player. “Every year I just try and work my hardest. I love the game. It’s not a chore for me to work my hardest and develop as a player. It’s something I love to do,” he said. “My summers are dedicated to becoming a better hockey player. All summer, I train so when I go into the season I do look like I’ve become better each year.”

After reading the article I think we actually might take Nelson which is surprising but I guess best player available
Old 03-31-2020, 04:51 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

In 3rd round do we go for size in forwards Tyler Catalano or Trent Swick?
Old 03-31-2020, 05:46 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

I won't be upset if the pick is Nelson.

The contending version of this team would likely have Tynan in net, with Nelson, Cato and Enright leading a very solid D core.

Scoring depth is the easiest weakness for a contending team to address via trade IMO
Old 03-31-2020, 05:51 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
I won't be upset if the pick is Nelson.

The contending version of this team would likely have Tynan in net, with Nelson, Cato and Enright leading a very solid D core.

Scoring depth is the easiest weakness for a contending team to address via trade IMO
The depth might not be the problem the top end talent might be
Old 04-01-2020, 12:05 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,484 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
ROGER MCCLEOD if you are listening:
Sleeper pick of the draft, SIMON PROKOPETZ, a big solid, quick defenseman from the Southern Admirals.

I dont see him listed anywhere in the mock drafts, which is mindboggling.
He is alot better than many of the defenseman that made the list.
I have seen him several times and no I am not related to him
Sawyer Prokopetz
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 01:18 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

ROGER MCCLEOD if you are listening:
Sleeper pick of the draft, SAWYER PROKOPETZ, a big solid, quick defenseman from the Southern Admirals.

I dont see him listed anywhere in the mock drafts, which is mindboggling.
He is alot better than many of the defenseman that made the list.
I have seen him several times and no I am not related to him
Old 04-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,856 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

DRAFT DAY NOTES

OHL Priority Draft Video Profiles Continued...

Zach Lavoie C (5.09 / 165) Toronto Young Nationals (GTHL)
https://ontariohockeyleague.com/vide...ion-zak-lavoie

David Goyette LW/ C (5.10 / 155) Selects Hockey Academy
https://ontariohockeyleague.com/vide...-david-goyette

Donovan McCoy D (6.00 / 175) Quinte Red Devils (ETA)
https://ontariohockeyleague.com/vide...-donovan-mccoy

Hunter Haight C (5.09 / 145) Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs - Alliance
https://ontariohockeyleague.com/vide...-hunter-haight

For those who will be following the draft live Saturday morning, I'll be posted my CONSENSUS TOP 50 MM PLAYERS on Friday, April 3rd.

*DISCLAIMER: Without the opportunity to view the OHL CUP games, ranking the top MM players is admittedly an inaccurate science (for myself). However, based on the games I’ve seen and the use of numerous scouting reports (and rankings) from multiple websites, this will represent the CONSENSUS TOP 50 PLAYERS in the 2020 OHL Priority Draft.

*NOTE: The TOP 50 will not include players selected to the US NTDP or have NCAA COMMITMENTS, even though several of them will be drafted in those first 3 rounds.

USA U-17 NATIONAL TEAM (NTDP)
F/C - Rutger McGroarty (6.00 / 175) Oakland Jr. Grizzlies (HPHL)
F/C - Devin Kaplan (6.03 / 200) New Jersey Avalanche U16 (T1EHL)
F/C - Frank Nazar (5.11 / 170) Honeybaked U15 (HPHL)
F/R - Isaac Howard (5.10 / 165) Shattuck St. Mary's U16
F/L - Logan Cooley (5.09 / 140) Pittsburgh Penguins Elite U15 (T1EHL)
F/L - Cutter Gauthier (6.01 / 186) Detroit Compuware U16 (T1EHL)
RD - Seamus Casey (5.10 / 150) Florida Alliance U16 (NAPHL)
RD - Hunter Brzustewicz (5.11 / 180) Oakland Jr. Grizzlies (HPHL)
RD- Kaden Muir (6'0" / 165) Toronto Marlboros (GTHL)
LD - Tyler Duke (5.10 / 165) Detroit Compuware U16 (HPHL)
LD - Lane Hutson (5.10 / 175) New Jersey Avalanche U16 (T1EHL)
LD - Seamus Powell (5'11" / 150) Rochester Selects

NCAA COMMITMENTS
F/C - Zack Filak (6.01 / 170) Compuware U16 (HPHL U16)
F/L - Max Namestnikov (5.06 / 165) Honeybaked U15 (HPHL)
RD - Chris Able – (6'0 / 170) Chicago Mission
LD - Vinny Borgesi (5.10 / 150) Selects Hockey Academy U15
LD - Patrick Czarnecki (5'10" / 170) Detroit Honeybaked
F/C- Andrew Delldonna (5'9" / 175 ) South-Kent Academy
F/C - Brody Crane (5.09 / 170) Buffalo Jr. Sabres 16U (T1EHL)
F/L - Lucas Ross (5.10 / 145) Pittsburg Penguins Elite
F/L - Owen Melenbacher (6.02 / 175) Buffalo Jr. Sabres

Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Owen mehlenbacher signed with muskegon lumberjacks ushl ...no NCAA commit
Old 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,172 Times in 804 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Read on North Bay fan forum on the OHL board that they pick Ty Nelson