Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,754,879   Msgs Posted: 134,091   Thread Views: 30,194,071   Online Now: 99
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Recognizing that the draft process is a team effort, what grade would you assign?
A - team got the best possible results 3 30.00%
B - not bad but could have done better 6 60.00%
C - average results nothing stellar 1 10.00%
D - seriously under-performed 0 0%
F - failure, complete miss 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2020, 06:01 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Chicago could have been told, "look if NB takes me in the first round, I am right here - but if Niagara grabs me up with the next pick then we are both going there - fair?" It wouldn't cost them anything to take that shot and block NB. Who knows maybe a case of Nigeria's finest is headed to Illinois as we speak.
If they were told he’s not going to NB but is willing to come here then we’ll take him (doubt that) and maybe we’re all looking at this the wrong way and the Chicago thing is more about the brother cause he really wants to go NCAA
Old 04-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,856 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
If they were told he’s not going to NB but is willing to come here then we’ll take him (doubt that) and maybe we’re all looking at this the wrong way and the Chicago thing is more about the brother cause he really wants to go NCAA
I understand the point you’re making because the father mentioned how Luca has always wanted to play NCAA, but with Adam’s NHL draft (and perhaps pro career) only 3 years away, at some point Adam has to do what is best for Adam – and Luca can follow him if he wants to play with his brother for 3 more years.

For a lesser talent, the USHL/NCAA route is a smart move, but for an elite talent such as Adam Fantilli the OHL is the best possible way to develop his game, maintain his projected Top 3 NHL rating and prepare himself to play at the next level immediately (NHL). Jonathon Toews (2003) was the last and perhaps only high profile elite talent that went that route (Shattuck-Saint Mary to University of North Dakota).
Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 PM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Absolutely agree with your ENTIRE statement, however, the corrected word is not "abated" but "nullified" if he never plays in the OHL.

Well if we are going to discuss grammar and composition instead of hockey, you forgot "I" at the start of your sentence, and the definition of abated includes: lessened, reduced and removed.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:42 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Well if we are going to discuss grammar and composition instead of hockey, you forgot "I" at the start of your sentence, and the definition of abated includes: lessened, reduced and removed.
You forgot to place a comma after "Well"
Old 04-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
I understand the point you’re making because the father mentioned how Luca has always wanted to play NCAA, but with Adam’s NHL draft (and perhaps pro career) only 3 years away, at some point Adam has to do what is best for Adam – and Luca can follow him if he wants to play with his brother for 3 more years.

For a lesser talent, the USHL/NCAA route is a smart move, but for an elite talent such as Adam Fantilli the OHL is the best possible way to develop his game, maintain his projected Top 3 NHL rating and prepare himself to play at the next level immediately (NHL). Jonathon Toews (2003) was the last and perhaps only high profile elite talent that went that route (Shattuck-Saint Mary to University of North Dakota).
Having said that, I’m completely ok with whatever happens tomorrow morning. If the IceDogs end up getting Fantilli - fantastic, but if the selection is either Fimis or Ludwinski, I’ll be thrilled too. They are both exceptionally talented players and will make a name for themselves before their junior careers are done.

In four years, IceDog fans will be glad we drafted that player and sad to see them leave. We may not be getting a Byfield or Wright, but four years of a Thomas or Tomasino is exactly what this team needs for this rebuild.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If Adam is as good as people say he is I think he could go wherever he wanted to play and still be top 3 but I guess we’ll see tomorrow my gut says London takes him round 2
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:22 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not sure how accurate this is but a scout told me earlier this year that the USHL is getting closer and closer to the OHL in terms of talent. First two lines (on good teams) and for sure the top line is OHL calibre. Bottom two is where the difference is. OHL is a deeper league in the talent pool is how it was explained to me.

You would have thought Halladay would have reported last year after his original team folded but he stayed. His agent and scouts etc must have been okay with that.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,089 Times in 1,302 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Having said that, I’m completely ok with whatever happens tomorrow morning. If the IceDogs end up getting Fantilli - fantastic, but if the selection is either Fimis or Ludwinski, I’ll be thrilled too. They are both exceptionally talented players and will make a name for themselves before their junior careers are done.

In four years, IceDog fans will be glad we drafted that player and sad to see them leave. We may not be getting a Byfield or Wright, but four years of a Thomas or Tomasino is exactly what this team needs for this rebuild.
Are you ok with the Dogs selecting Fantilli even if they don’t know for sure if he’ll ever report? If the family is being truthful in what they’ve said in the media, that they’ll revisit the OHL option next year with no guarantees? Are you ok with throwing away one of the other two players you mentioned on a “maybe” Fantilli reports next year?

After the Halliday gaffe, can they take that chance under these circumstances?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:27 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Are you ok with the Dogs selecting Fantilli even if they don’t know for sure if he’ll ever report? If the family is being truthful in what they’ve said in the media, that they’ll revisit the OHL option next year with no guarantees? Are you ok with throwing away one of the other two players you mentioned on a “maybe” Fantilli reports next year?

After the Halliday gaffe, can they take that chance under these circumstances?
Read above.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:32 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
If Adam is as good as people say he is I think he could go wherever he wanted to play and still be top 3 but I guess we’ll see tomorrow my gut says London takes him round 2
Now that's 100% guarenteed.