Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,739,088   Msgs Posted: 134,066   Thread Views: 30,077,719   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Recognizing that the draft process is a team effort, what grade would you assign?
A - team got the best possible results 3 30.00%
B - not bad but could have done better 6 60.00%
C - average results nothing stellar 1 10.00%
D - seriously under-performed 0 0%
F - failure, complete miss 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2020, 12:15 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,856 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Again you're missing the piece Saginaw does have. A goaltender. Tristan Lennox. They drafted two goaltenders on Sunday.
Neither one of those goalies they drafted are good enough to start in the OHL next year - Tristen Lennox is their only capable goalie. They canít trade him and you can trust me on this one or not but the IceDogs are not trading for a goalie this year
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:21 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Whatís a ďfair dealĒ for a player that might be a 5-6 D on a team
Who said anything about fair - this trade has to be UNFAIR or donít trade him. How badly does Saginaw want Adam Fantilli.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:32 PM
4th Line

Alwayssunny1 will become famous soon enough

As much as it would be nice to have a generational talent the icedogs are not built to win with him on the team. Getting a 1st rounder like Thomas helps the organization more. The only time it is worth it is if they are a Shane wright who will give you 3 years at an exceptional level
The Following User Says Thank You to Alwayssunny1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 02:08 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,089 Times in 1,302 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Interesting discussion going both ways

I can?t imagine the Dogs would trade for Adam since they had the opportunity to draft him anyways

IMO if they trade for him that would be ridiculously stupid and a waste of assets

Let?s not make a Lochead 2.0 deal here.

If the deal isn?t fair value then don?t trade him. Don?t look like a patsy again to appease the player. It makes our organization look very weak.

I know these are kids bla bla bla .... but let?s not kid ourselves ... this is also a business ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it's business. And in business, you don't want to screw over people you have to deal with in the future. What comes around goes around. This where JB has to get value without holding the Saginaw GM hostage.

Adam was never coming here. Luca was never coming here. If you can get more than you paid it's a good deal imo.

I would ask for a reasonable draft pick with conditions. If Luca plays a game (which means Adam will too) then some additional picks come the Dogs way.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 05:50 PM
3rd Line

Dawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of light

I agree whole-heartedly with fish fan51...we have to be reasonable (unless it is London!)...get a reasonable return...as he stated we may be doing business with Saginaw again in the future...backdoor deals are completed all the time...we did it with Dougie Hamilton falling to us in the 2nd round because his brother was already here...apparently no one took advantage of the LeBlanc brothers situation this year after they said they wanted to be a package deal (anyone could have drafted the brother to screw up Kitchener and hold them ransom)...For some reason I dont think the Fantilli's want to play in Niagara...so get lost! We are a top notch organization and a great fan base...I dont want us to get duped in the deal but getting something worthwhile for an asset that will never play here is something...if saginaw does get them to report it would be good to see them play in our league (of course I would boo them both!) (but I would enjoy the talent!)...of course my feelings would change drastically should Saginaw trade them to London!...all in all I was pretty happy with the draft and hopefully when the world sorts itself out we can get back to enjoying hockey and the start of our re-build!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 06:05 PM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Interesting discussion going both ways

I can?t imagine the Dogs would trade for Adam since they had the opportunity to draft him anyways

IMO if they trade for him that would be ridiculously stupid and a waste of assets

Let?s not make a Lochead 2.0 deal here.

If the deal isn?t fair value then don?t trade him. Don?t look like a patsy again to appease the player. It makes our organization look very weak.

I know these are kids bla bla bla .... but let?s not kid ourselves ... this is also a business ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried to think of a reason the IceDogs would "purposefully" bypass Fantilli, and at the same time contemplate what they could have offered to Saginaw for them to forfeit a first round pick.

Assuming for a second Niagara and the Fantilli family have a deal, then the answer for the IceDogs is greed, get two first round picks this year to offset the one they miss in 2021.

So, following that logic, Saginaw gets a compensatory 1st round pick next year and a boatload of 2nd round picks this year for Fantilli's rights. Which sets Saginaw up well for 2021.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

U-18 draft is on Wednesday April 8 at 12m
Old 04-06-2020, 06:39 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,484 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 View Post
As much as it would be nice to have a generational talent the icedogs are not built to win with him on the team. Getting a 1st rounder like Thomas helps the organization more. The only time it is worth it is if they are a Shane wright who will give you 3 years at an exceptional level
By most accounts he's very comparable with Wright and will also likely play 3 years only he'll be a little older. He's not eligible until the '23 NHL draft. He applied for exceptional player status last year as well but was turned down.

Who knows maybe he's really good friends with Pano and does want to come here. I doubt it but one can dream.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:56 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Who knows maybe he's really good friends with Pano and does want to come here. I doubt it but one can dream.
Well, they are long time high school friends and hockey teammates

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkRNZregc59/
Old 04-06-2020, 08:20 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

While I don't think we will be trading for Fantilli, there are two thoughts.

Pro - Niagara might get the best player we have ever had. Building a 1-2 punch of Fantilli/Fimis down the middle would be fun to watch, and assuming we do well on the import pick, we are a playoff team next year.

Con - I imagine if Fantilli would come here, it would be a disturbing amount of picks that we would have to trade to outbid London and Kitchener which could lead to a depth issue. We have seen many top NHL picks (McDavid included) win nothing in this league because their teams lacked depth. Hall won twice because his team was stacked.

Depth is so incredibly important to win in this league. Both of our conference championship teams were incredibly deep (especially 2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to notldogsfan For This Useful Post: