Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,739,764   Msgs Posted: 134,079   Thread Views: 30,104,624   Online Now: 101
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Recognizing that the draft process is a team effort, what grade would you assign?
A - team got the best possible results 3 30.00%
B - not bad but could have done better 6 60.00%
C - average results nothing stellar 1 10.00%
D - seriously under-performed 0 0%
F - failure, complete miss 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2020, 05:25 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,244 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Goalies develop later looks like a good pick but letís be honest he likely wonít play in the league

I would be willing to give the kid a shot at the backup role that is for sure ... likely wont amount to anything though you are right

Not like MacLean or Sbrags showed much

I know the team was bad in front of them but MacLean let in so many bad Moran type goals ....

Maybe they had their eye on this kid all along and that is why they didnt pick a goalie in the draft ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 05:59 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I would be willing to give the kid a shot at the backup role that is for sure ... likely wont amount to anything though you are right

Not like MacLean or Sbrags showed much

I know the team was bad in front of them but MacLean let in so many bad Moran type goals ....

Maybe they had their eye on this kid all along and that is why they didnt pick a goalie in the draft ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh he’ll definitely get a shot I just think if Tucker is back the backup job is McLeans to lose and if he does I wouldn’t count out Rosenzweig if they believe in him like Joey said I just hope Covid stuff doesn’t drastically slow down his recovery

Last edited by dogs777; 04-08-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:08 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
once again...don't really understand this draft...what are the parameters? who is eligible and why were they not in the regular draft (or were they?)
Players eligible for the U18 draft are those Midget players not currently on a OHL team Protected list who played with a Midget/Under-18 AAA hockey team during the 2019-20 season.

Basically those players who were not drafted in their minor midget year and continued to play midget the next year.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:23 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

At the end of the day, my thoughts are that if Tynan is good to go, his backup will be Rosie.
If you can, go back and listen to what Joey has said on radio and in print after both drafts.
But, I would not count out Osborne just yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 08:21 AM
3rd Line

Dawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the clarification 5 for Fighting...I think I understand the drafting rules much better now...as was previously stated, goalies tend to develop much slower and hopefully JB had his eye on this kid all along and knew he had the high pick in the second draft...anyway, like everyone else, I am going stir crazy without any sports..stay safe everyone, here's hoping the world is back on track soon
Old 04-10-2020, 09:28 AM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I added a poll for you to rate this year's draft.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2020, 09:58 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to behold

It is really tough to evaluate a draft at this point. All of these players played against kids their own age and will now have to play against much older and in most cases much stronger players. In addition they will be moving away from home. Add to that that coaching becomes the single most important factor in development of players at this age and I think we all have to just wait and see.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,856 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I added a poll for you to rate this year's draft.
Evaluating the draft as a whole, strictly on the players in relation to their peers currently, is difficult because there are two very distinct parts to this draft Part I: Rounds 1-6 and Part II: Rounds 7-15.

Any chance you want to split this poll into a Part I and Part II ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2020, 11:15 AM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Interesting thought.

Trudeau mentioned things may not go back to normal until there is a vaccine, which could still be a year away.

If we lose next season, you obviously can't have a draft because there was noone to scout.

Would it be fair in that scenario to make Niagara forfeit the 2022 pick? I hope not...
Old 04-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
Interesting thought.

Trudeau mentioned things may not go back to normal until there is a vaccine, which could still be a year away.

If we lose next season, you obviously can't have a draft because there was noone to scout.

Would it be fair in that scenario to make Niagara forfeit the 2022 pick? I hope not...
Unfortunately it would absolutely be fair to lose the 2022 pick if we donít have a draft next year