Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,705    Downloads: 1,523,792   Msgs Posted: 128,587   Thread Views: 25,394,393   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Who should be fired?
Joey 2 5.26%
Billy 4 10.53%
Both 22 57.89%
Neither 10 26.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #141  
Old 05-12-2019, 09:52 PM
three dog night three dog night is offline
All Star
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: st.catharines Section A Row F Seat 9
Posts: 5,498
Thanks: 2,102
Thanked 1,091 Times in 744 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
you forgot Di Pietro got hurt.
Yes so Andre was number one most of the year.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-13-2019, 01:22 AM
CrazyJoeDavola CrazyJoeDavola is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 15
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
CrazyJoeDavola is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
POST 3

…and now we can add one more GM (James Boyd) who failed. So much for all this talk of Ottawa winning it all. No championship – just a 2nd place ribbon for the Ottawa 67s.

Ottawa traded away:
Egor Afanasyev (Russia)
Austen Swankler (USA)

KGN 2 2024
NIA 2 2019
OTT 2 2020
OTT 2 2024
OTT 2 2019
LDN 2 2021
OTT 2 2022
OTT 2 2023
OTT 2 2021

SSM 3 2021
OTT 3 2021
OTT 3 2022
OTT 13 2019

Was the fail in Ottawa, trading away 2 prospects, 9 - 2nd and 4 - 3rds or was the bigger failure the fact that Ottawa had the resources and need (especially on defense) to trade for Durzi and Suzuki rather than blow an OA spot on Lucas Chioda?

If you break this down, all Ottawa needed to do was use the 3rd and 2nd to acquire Chiodo - add Quinn Yule, a pair of 2nd ,a 3rd ,a 4th and they could have had Durzi and Suzuki instead of Guelph - and Ottawa wins the 2019 OHL Championship uncontested.

67s GM Boyd decided against digging into his pocket full of draft picks – and it cost the team and city a championship.

You seize the opportunity when it presents itself – there are NO guarantee that the same opportunity presents itself next year, especially in junior hockey. You don't know what will happen to your roster between now and next year.

So, now we know. GM/Coach George Burnett is the only genius, while Boyd and the other 6 GMs should probably be fired .

Hindsight is great.
By your reasoning the Ice Dogs should keep the Silver spoon GM and his dear brother coach no matter what, even if Niagara completely misses the playoffs for the next 10 years straight. …..Now I get it !
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-13-2019, 06:12 AM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Thanks: 1,252
Thanked 3,058 Times in 1,495 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
By your reasoning the Ice Dogs should keep the Silver spoon GM and his dear brother coach no matter what, even if Niagara completely misses the playoffs for the next 10 years straight. …..Now I get it !
Actually, I wrote quite the opposite: “Boyd and the other 6 GMs should probably be fired.”
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05-13-2019, 06:24 AM
jumbo1290 jumbo1290 is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 368
Thanks: 449
Thanked 202 Times in 124 Posts
jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Yes so Andre was number one most of the year.
is that why Dipietro started the first 2? or actually played in the NHL this year?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 05-13-2019, 06:59 AM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Thanks: 1,252
Thanked 3,058 Times in 1,495 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

This past season and even during the playoffs, Guelph’s GM/Coach George Burnett was heavy criticized and browbeaten about everything - and yet he comes out as the genius, who assembled the 2019 OHL championship team and perhaps Memorial Cup Champions.

And just like the Hamilton Bulldogs the previous season, the decision to “trade away the cupboard bare”, at the trade deadline, was not the popular amoung the fan: Both past champions were teams struggling to play .500 hockey, had an average defense and sub-par goalies (Guelph: Popovich 3.29 0.899 and Hamilton: Fulcher 2.86 0.899). Guelph situation was even worse, as prior to the trade deadline Gogolev, Hanley and Hillis were dealing with serious injuries.

Both GM still made the un-popular trades and both teams won an OHL championships.

The past two seasons, the cost of winning a championship has not been cheap: Hamilton and Guelph confirmed that (GUELPH: Barret Kirwin, Zach Poirier, Mark Woolley, 9–2nds, 8–3rds, 2-4th, and a 5th) - And if you’re “going in” but not willing to “go all in” the end result tends is not so favourable (SSM and Ottawa).
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 05-13-2019, 08:40 AM
Chipperdog Chipperdog is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,665
Thanks: 2,075
Thanked 813 Times in 498 Posts
Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Guelph can't afford to go down 2-0 in the Memorial Cup tourney that's for sure.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
  #147  
Old 05-13-2019, 02:27 PM
CrazyJoeDavola CrazyJoeDavola is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 15
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
CrazyJoeDavola is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
This past season and even during the playoffs, Guelph’s GM/Coach George Burnett was heavy criticized and browbeaten about everything - and yet he comes out as the genius, who assembled the 2019 OHL championship team and perhaps Memorial Cup Champions.

And just like the Hamilton Bulldogs the previous season, the decision to “trade away the cupboard bare”, at the trade deadline, was not the popular amoung the fan: Both past champions were teams struggling to play .500 hockey, had an average defense and sub-par goalies (Guelph: Popovich 3.29 0.899 and Hamilton: Fulcher 2.86 0.899). Guelph situation was even worse, as prior to the trade deadline Gogolev, Hanley and Hillis were dealing with serious injuries.

Both GM still made the un-popular trades and both teams won an OHL championships.

The past two seasons, the cost of winning a championship has not been cheap: Hamilton and Guelph confirmed that (GUELPH: Barret Kirwin, Zach Poirier, Mark Woolley, 9–2nds, 8–3rds, 2-4th, and a 5th) - And if you’re “going in” but not willing to “go all in” the end result tends is not so favourable (SSM and Ottawa).
George Burnett is a former NHL coach, Billy Burke has never even coached a peewee team prior to his parents buying the Ice Dogs, he couldn't coach a monkey out of a tree even if he had a Banana in his hand. Meanwhile Joey spent like a drunken sailor and got fleeced. Oshawa robbed Joey then knocked Niagara out with a younger team,lol !! ….And the parents were busted for illegal deals with Wilkie, Ham etc ! ……. Time to take the rose glasses off my friend and give it up. The owners, GM and coached were an embarrassment this year when it came to Hockey operations …………… crickets ! lol !
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Thanks: 1,252
Thanked 3,058 Times in 1,495 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
George Burnett is a former NHL coach...!
Actually, I wrote the same thing: “So, now we know. GM/Coach George Burnett is the only genius, while Boyd and the other 6 GMs should probably be fired.”

***

Last edited by Blacksox; 05-13-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
  #149  
Old 05-13-2019, 05:14 PM
jumbo1290 jumbo1290 is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 368
Thanks: 449
Thanked 202 Times in 124 Posts
jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
George Burnett is a former NHL coach, Billy Burke has never even coached a peewee team prior to his parents buying the Ice Dogs, he couldn't coach a monkey out of a tree even if he had a Banana in his hand. Meanwhile Joey spent like a drunken sailor and got fleeced. Oshawa robbed Joey then knocked Niagara out with a younger team,lol !! ….And the parents were busted for illegal deals with Wilkie, Ham etc ! ……. Time to take the rose glasses off my friend and give it up. The owners, GM and coached were an embarrassment this year when it came to Hockey operations …………… crickets ! lol !
sounds like a vendetta; which is why you are largely ignored
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019