Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,573,654   Msgs Posted: 128,708   Thread Views: 25,851,444   Online Now: 104
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:15 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
With the assets available to the IceDogs next year, a planned rebuild around the 03 (and 04) age group – with the 02 age group as the OAs, makes the most sense since they have their 2020 (04s) 1st round pick and can acquire additional picks for next year’s draft during this coming season.

This IceDogs rebuild has two golden tickets – that they did not have last time: Thomas and Tomasino can be traded for a pair of elite 03s – and that will give the IceDogs a solid core of 03s to go along with those players they drafted this year.

In this plan, Thomas has to be traded this season, while Tomasino could actually be traded the following year. With the extra year of OHL experience, growth and development, Tomasino will be the coveted prize targeted by every "go for it" team as that one player who can put them over the top, more so than he would be able to next year.

There will be an extra incentive for teams to acquire Tomasino the following year since the OHL is hosting the Memorial Cup - a lot of teams are going to be taking a run at that extra spot in the Mem-Cup. A huge buyer market for Tomasino awaits the IceDogs in two years.

Also, Junior hockey is entertainment for the fans but is also very much business for the owners – and the IceDogs will need one of hockey brightest stars to market and sell tickets before they turn over the team to the 03s and 04s.

Rumour has it.... the Tomasino deal is already in place.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,512 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
You know I keep hearing how Niagara is some of the best most knowledgeable fans if that’s the case your (they’ll need someone to sell the games shouldn’t be the case IMO) if the fans are the “best” they’ll show up no matter who’s on the team and if they are some of the most “knowledgeable” they understand why they wouldn’t have a star to build around
In this situation, OHL hosting the Mem-Cup in 2021, it would be in the IceDogs best interest to hold onto an asset that will be the most highly sought after player by OHL teams, in particular the host. There will be in a huge bidding war to acquire a game changer like Tomasino. Hang on to the very best trading chip you have when the demand for it will be the highest 2020-2021 season.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:05 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,512 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Rumour has it.... the Tomasino deal is already in place.
I have it from a fairly reliable source that there is zero truth to that rumour.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In this situation, OHL hosting the Mem-Cup in 2021, it would be in the IceDogs best interest to hold onto an asset that will be the most highly sought after player by OHL teams, in particular the host. There will be in a huge bidding war to acquire a game changer like Tomasino. Hang on to the very best trading chip you have when the demand for it will be the highest 2020-2021 season.
I don’t disagree with you when it comes to when’s the best time to trade him I was just saying if this fan base is as good as people say they don’t need “a guy” to sell tickets they’ll show up anyway
Old 04-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,857 Times in 1,040 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
With the assets available to the IceDogs next year, a planned rebuild around the 03 (and 04) age group – with the 02 age group as the OAs, makes the most sense since they have their 2020 (04s) 1st round pick and can acquire additional picks for next year’s draft during this coming season.

This IceDogs rebuild has two golden tickets – that they did not have last time: Thomas and Tomasino can be traded for a pair of elite 03s – and that will give the IceDogs a solid core of 03s to go along with those players they drafted this year.

In this plan, Thomas has to be traded this season, while Tomasino could actually be traded the following year. With the extra year of OHL experience, growth and development, Tomasino will be the coveted prize targeted by every "go for it" team as that one player who can put them over the top, more so than he would be able to next year.

There will be an extra incentive for teams to acquire Tomasino the following year since the OHL is hosting the Memorial Cup - a lot of teams are going to be taking a run at that extra spot in the Mem-Cup. A huge buyer market for Tomasino awaits the IceDogs in two years.

Also, Junior hockey is entertainment for the fans but is also very much business for the owners – and the IceDogs will need one of hockey brightest stars to market and sell tickets before they turn over the team to the 03s and 04s.

I agree with you

It makes more sense to trade Tomasino the following season .... he’s at least an NHL second round pick and will be a draw for the fans to come watch the dreadful team next year

Teams can only trade so many picks due to the new rules in place. I can’t imagine the dogs will get that much more for tomasino if they trade him in the coming season when the acquiring team gets him for two seasons. The reason being they can’t spend all of their bullets acquiring one player and most go for it teams won’t need that player the following season

So I would be surprised if FF is correct on this one.

God help us if Tomasino is headed to Oshawa as part of the Studnicka deal on a *wink wink* *nudge nudge* deal

Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I agree with you

It makes more sense to trade Tomasino the following season .... he’s at least an NHL second round pick and will be a draw for the fans to come watch the dreadful team next year

Teams can only trade so many picks due to the new rules in place. I can’t imagine the dogs will get that much more for tomasino if they trade him in the coming season when the acquiring team gets him for two seasons. The reason being they can’t spend all of their bullets acquiring one player and most go for it teams won’t need that player the following season

So I would be surprised if FF is correct on this one.

God help us if Tomasino is headed to Oshawa as part of the Studnicka deal on a *wink wink* *nudge nudge* deal

Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re counting on them doing something that makes sense?

For the record, I agree. Next years deadline is when I would trade Tomasino. Just relaying what I’ve read/heard.

Last edited by fishfan51; 04-22-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:18 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Normally I would agree but the IceDogs are in a unique situation. They are missing 6 second round picks and 4 third round picks. Next draft, they are missing their second, third and fourth round picks.

They are also empty of young high end talent as they do not have any players from the first 3 rounds of last year’s draft. This past draft, they only had 2 picks in the first 4 rounds.

So what the Dogs need is to trade to recoup draft picks but also trade for your high end talent. Trading Tomasino this coming season allows them to get back numerous 2nd and 3rd round picks as well as hopefully obtaining the other teams first round picked player in the past draft.

If you want to keep Tomisano, then who else do you trade to get back the 2nd and 3rd round picks that we are missing?
Old 04-22-2019, 11:31 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Normally I would agree but the IceDogs are in a unique situation. They are missing 6 second round picks and 4 third round picks. Next draft, they are missing their second, third and fourth round picks.

They are also empty of young high end talent as they do not have any players from the first 3 rounds of last year’s draft. This past draft, they only had 2 picks in the first 4 rounds.

So what the Dogs need is to trade to recoup draft picks but also trade for your high end talent. Trading Tomasino this coming season allows them to get back numerous 2nd and 3rd round picks as well as hopefully obtaining the other teams first round picked player in the past draft.

If you want to keep Tomisano, then who else do you trade to get back the 2nd and 3rd round picks that we are missing?
If they keep tomasino then you trade Thomas Paquette Roberts (and whoever else you can think of) they might not get all those seconds and thirds back but Thomas and Paquette can definitely get you picks back it’s not like tomasino is our only tradeable player

Last edited by dogs777; 04-22-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:59 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
If they keep tomasino then you trade Thomas Paquette Roberts (and whoever else you can think of) they might not get all those seconds and thirds back but Thomas and Paquette can definitely get you picks back it’s not like tomasino is our only tradeable player
So who are our tradeable players. Paquette is drafted by Nashville and may not even return to the OHL. You could try to trade Roberts and Hunter but do you want a season where we only have one experienced defenceman on the backend. I am hoping one of the NHL drafted 19 year olds return for an OA season but I don’t think the chances are in our favour.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:14 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
So who are our tradeable players. Paquette is drafted by Nashville and may not even return to the OHL. You could try to trade Roberts and Hunter but do you want a season where we only have one experienced defenceman on the backend. I am hoping one of the NHL drafted 19 year olds return for an OA season but I don’t think the chances are in our favour.
I don’t know who the tradeable players are yet cause I don’t know who’s coming back but I’m sure they’ll have a few more than expected ask me after camp and I’ll tell you who I think the tradeable guys are. Would I want just one experienced guy on the back end no but if it’s a full blown rebuild why the heck not plus you could get one back in one of the trades just younger