Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,575,516   Msgs Posted: 128,709   Thread Views: 25,867,364   Online Now: 106
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:58 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!
Default I think Iím out....

The day IceDog season tickets went on sale in 2007 I was on the phone at 9:45am trying to secure my season tickets. I was told that I had to wait until 10am. So I did. I scoped out the Jack in advance. I saw that there was little to no leg room in the top row, which meant if you got the second row from the top, youíd be getting a knee in the back all night. So, it was decided third row from the top and of course on the aisle of section F. (Which turned out to be the best and rowdiest section). Iím sure some of the past players would attest to that. If the Dogs keep track of it, itís possible that I am the first legit season ticket holder. I say legit because the Dogs did sell some tickets to the bigwigs before they went on sale that morning at 10am. I know this because my first two selections were denied because they were for the owners and the mayor respectively.

After letting this season marinate for a few days. Iíve been talking to fellow season ticket holders and to myself and asking am I happy with the direction the organization is going? Do I enjoy it as much as I used to? Would I miss it? I think the answers are no, no and probably. I know Iíd miss the people I sit with game in and game out. The people in front of me, the people behind me and the people beside me. All top notch!

This has nothing to do with sitting through a rebuild. I actually enjoy the process of watching the young kids develop. The couple of years of building makes the ďgo for itĒ season even more exciting. I went to NF Flyers games with my grandpa when I was a little kid,
Thunder season tickets with my buddies ever year they were there. Rebuilds are not new to me.

This feels different, the nepotism didnít bother me all that much. I figured Billy put his time in as an assistant for years. He deserved a shot. I think it hasnít worked out. I sit behind the bench, I see him lose his mind multiple times a game, I see the refs basically telling him enough over and over again but with much more colourful language. I watched as the momentum swings in the other teams favour he doesnít have an answer. Iíve watched when players are undisciplined, costing the team with bad penalties, only to get sent right back out there to cost the team yet again. Iíve watched numerous other things that make me shake my head. Joey was a different story. I didnít/donít think he has nearly enough experience to be running an OHL team and that was evident with the amount of assets he gave up compared to other teams for their acquisitions. Donít get me wrong, I understand going ďall inĒ. Iím all for it. But, this one was different. It was obvious to me anyway that they werenít going to beat Ottawa no matter what he did. Not beating Oshawa after giving up Moore and 6 picks is downright embarrassing. I enjoy that he is so candid in his interviews but at the same time it seems that you canít believe anything he says. The examples of that have been beaten to death on this forum.

I can go on and on about how I donít like the direction the organization has taken, but someone else in here said it in an earlier post. ďTheyíre not making you buy ticketsĒ. Thatís right, theyíre not. And as far as I can tell, the only way to show them is with my wallet. Yeah, itís only a drop in the bucket to them. But, itís the only drop Iíve got.

I may change my mind as the summer rolls on. I have enjoyed junior hockey my whole life, like I said this feels different. But, at the moment.... I think Iím out.

FF51

Last edited by fishfan51; 04-18-2019 at 11:05 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:26 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
The day IceDog season tickets went on sale in 2007 I was on the phone at 9:45am trying to secure my season tickets. I was told that I had to wait until 10am. So I did. I scoped out the Jack in advance. I saw that there was little to no leg room in the top row, which meant if you got the second row from the top, youíd be getting a knee in the back all night. So, it was decided third row from the top and of course on the aisle of section F. (Which turned out to be the best and rowdiest section). Iím sure some of the past players would attest to that. If the Dogs keep track of it, itís possible that I am the first legit season ticket holder. I say legit because the Dogs did sell some tickets to the bigwigs before they went on sale that morning at 10am. I know this because my first two selections were denied because they were for the owners and the mayor respectively.

After letting this season marinate for a few days. Iíve been talking to fellow season ticket holders and to myself and asking am I happy with the direction the organization is going? Do I enjoy it as much as I used to? Would I miss it? I think the answers are no, no and probably. I know Iíd miss the people I sit with game in and game out. The people in front of me, the people behind me and the people beside me. All top notch!

This has nothing to do with sitting through a rebuild. I actually enjoy the process of watching the young kids develop. The couple of years of building makes the ďgo for itĒ season even more exciting. I went to NF Flyers games with my grandpa when I was a little kid,
Thunder season tickets with my buddies ever year they were there. Rebuilds are not new to me.

This feels different, the nepotism didnít bother me all that much. I figured Billy put his time in as an assistant for years. He deserved a shot. I think it hasnít worked out. I sit behind the bench, I see him lose his mind multiple times a game, I see the refs basically telling him enough over and over again but with much more colourful language. I watched as the momentum swings in the other teams favour he doesnít have an answer. Iíve watched when players are undisciplined, costing the team with bad penalties, only to get sent right back out there to cost the team yet again. Iíve watched numerous other things that make me shake my head. Joey was a different story. I didnít/donít think he has nearly enough experience to be running an OHL team and that was evident with the amount of assets he gave up compared to other teams for their acquisitions. Donít get me wrong, I understand going ďall inĒ. Iím all for it. But, this one was different. It was obvious to me anyway that they werenít going to beat Ottawa no matter what he did. Not beating Oshawa after giving up Moore and 6 picks is downright embarrassing. I enjoy that he is so candid in his interviews but at the same time it seems that you canít believe anything he says. The examples of that have been beaten to death on this forum.

I can go on and on about how I donít like the direction the organization has taken, but someone else in here said it in an earlier post. ďTheyíre not making you buy ticketsĒ. Thatís right, theyíre not. And as far as I can tell, the only way to show them is with my wallet. Yeah, itís only a drop in the bucket to them. But, itís the only drop Iíve got.

I may change my mind as the summer rolls on. I have enjoyed junior hockey my whole life, like I said this feels different. But, at the moment.... I think Iím out.

FF51
Interesting read fishfan51, and I think you're right in a lot of ways.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:57 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

By the sounds of it in here, I may finally get to upgrade my season tickets seat location... thanks guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 01:40 AM

Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,834 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

We are in for at least one more season. I listed my demands in the "post mortum" thread and I will see how many get fulfilled. I enjoy the night out, the comeradery in the arena and online. I'd miss the group I sit with and the distraction during the winter months. You are absolutely right in your observations (you usually are) and the things you noticed conform to my list also. See what this year brings.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 05:15 AM
1st Line

the dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other members

iam icedogs fan i enjoyed hockey i will be there cheering them on
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 09:39 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,857 Times in 1,040 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default I think I’m out....

Wow that’s too bad FF your input in the forum will be missed as you bring objectivity to those with the Icedog coloured glasses on

I agree with many of the things you said ... especially on the BB front .... he loses his mind several times a game and IMO over some things that don’t deserve it ... I remember I think coulombe scolding him in the Oshawa series and pointing right at him ... you don’t see that very often .... you don’t see opposing coaches losing their minds as frequently .... the lack of discipline was troubling ....

JB up stairs ... total gongshow .... that’s all I have to say .... he was SCHOOLED this season ... whose to say he won’t get PLAYED when he tries to recoup the picks ? From my twitter time line It sounds like both of them have rubbed several organizations in the league the wrong way this season. I’m not completely convinced that he recoups everything everyone seems to think he will ... I know he’s got the cards but does he have the poker face and how many bridges has he burned ?

I’m not at the point of giving up my tickets this year but I’ve been considering maybe only getting a single ticket... it will leave my seat available beside me as a single and I can redeem unused tickets for a pair whenever I want ... plus although they are season tickets beside me no one regularly attends on either side ... I haven’t decided yet ... I’m on the fence ...

The dogs will be brutal next year ... more troubling to me was the direction the organization went down this year ... it was an absolute train wreck ... I don’t go to all regular games as it is as in simply too busy with family ... I usually only go to 20 or so and then sell off the rest to friends or on Kijiji .... I pretty much break even every year or get left with a pair or so I can’t use. I fear next year will be much different .

I can’t imagine I will ever totally give up going to games .... I love this brand of hockey I’m thrilled it is thriving in the area ... it’s a night out in the dull
Months of winter for a reasonable price ... and best of all you get to see the future stars of the NHL...

If my apathy ever hits the level of FF’s then that will be troubling .. FF is a DIE HARD OHL fan ... and if he is turned off by this management ... THAT IS THE START OF A HUGE PROBLEM... I’m sure he’s not alone in his feelings ...

Someone should send this thread to Icedogs ownership ... I’m sure it will fall on deaf ears ... but they should at least be listening to the heartbeat of the fan base ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,857 Times in 1,040 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
By the sounds of it in here, I may finally get to upgrade my season tickets seat location... thanks guys.

Moderator you may want to move this post to the I think I’m it thread lol. Sounds like chipperdog might be able to snag FF’s seats ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 10:04 AM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really glad you posted this, my sentiments exactly. I've been too infuriated and frustrated to even post here much lately. I was a bit relieved when we got eliminated because I just couldn't watch it anymore.

Much like Strohs, I'll continue to attend games; most likely not as many, but I will retain our season tickets. I love junior hockey and still remain a student of the game; especially one position in particular. We've made great friends throughout the sport and the Vault. We now have sons of family and friends in the league to keep it interesting. However, it will take something special for me to regain the level of fandom that I have shown in the past.

This year has been exhausting.

Last edited by TwoPadStack; 04-19-2019 at 10:10 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TwoPadStack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

NO chance I'm getting his seats...he will be back...lol
Old 04-19-2019, 10:11 AM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

The entire thread should be put on the facebook group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

Someone should send this thread to Icedogs ownership ... I’m sure it will fall on deaf ears ... but they should at least be listening to the heartbeat of the fan base ...