Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,705    Downloads: 1,523,792   Msgs Posted: 128,587   Thread Views: 25,395,053   Online Now: 113
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,039 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
It's all about the time and the place. You don't go bananas for an offside call when you're up 4-1. Word spreads, they ignore you, you become a joke to them and worse they won't hear you when need it the most.

No excusing that behaviour, even if you are standing in the far corner with pom poms.

This is exactly my point

When the kid cries wolf repeatedly what happens eventually ... I think we all know how that turns out

His display behind the bench is embarrassing and you can’t tell me that undisciplined approach doesn’t rub off on some of the players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Sorry, he is not 100% accurate on all his points.

All you fans would find something to complain about no matter who was coach!!!

Its a proven fact year after year since 2007.

I'm tired hearing all of this negativity and shutting it down for the summer.

I guess you’ve got the Icedogs coloured glasses on

Enjoy the summer

Let’s see how long you stay away

Lol

Old 04-19-2019, 02:00 PM

Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,830 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
This is exactly my point
His display behind the bench is embarrassing and you can’t tell me that undisciplined approach doesn’t rub off on some of the players
I have watched some of the best coaches "not react" to bad calls. What they do instead is coach. Refocus the players away from the call and get them ready for the next plan of attack.

I've been watching the for many years and I have yet to see a referee change his mind based on being called a @*&$^%! repeatedly. I have however seen head coaches speak calmly to a ref and hear the explanation, thank them for it, maybe add their perspective and move on. What invariably happens next when it has been a bad call is the arm goes up shortly after for the other team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,151 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I have watched some of the best coaches "not react" to bad calls. What they do instead is coach. Refocus the players away from the call and get them ready for the next plan of attack.

I've been watching the for many years and I have yet to see a referee change his mind based on being called a @*&$^%! repeatedly. I have however seen head coaches speak calmly to a ref and hear the explanation, thank them for it, maybe add their perspective and move on. What invariably happens next when it has been a bad call is the arm goes up shortly after for the other team.
For example, I spent a lot of time watching the Oshawa head coach work his players and his staff during games and I was really impressed watching him work the bench.
No comparison what so ever with our bench.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:04 PM

Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,830 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I am neither packing it, nor grabbing a set of pom poms. Even if I got to the point where I didn't like the IceDogs anymore, I've noticed there is always one of 19 other teams at the opposite end of the rink. If I ever get the feeling my season tickets aren't giving me the same value as before, I could always yell at the TV twice as much as I usually do.

I doubt I will do either, but I will be watching the hockey operations staff much more closely than before, perhaps they will evolve after being humiliated.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 03:15 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it should be mentioned here also that in the 12 seasons here that the Dogs have completed, none of them have been under a rebuild. Dave Brown never did it, Marty Williamson never did, Burkes, nada. I don’t think anyone here could talk about how awful an IceDogs rebuild would be. The Dogs have gone from ‘go for it’ year to ‘go for it’ year, while refusing to rebuild.
Now, I don’t think they’re going to have a choice. It’s going to be a rough year, with no 1st round pick, thanks to the OHL sanctions. We as fans are just going to have to be patient, and get through 2019-20 as best we can. The Dogs will likely miss the playoffs( for the first time ever), and we are going to take our lumps. But thankfully in 2020-21, all will be restored.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:00 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,091 Times in 744 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I think it should be mentioned here also that in the 12 seasons here that the Dogs have completed, none of them have been under a rebuild. Dave Brown never did it, Marty Williamson never did, Burkes, nada. I don稚 think anyone here could talk about how awful an IceDogs rebuild would be. The Dogs have gone from 組o for it year to 組o for it year, while refusing to rebuild.
Now, I don稚 think they池e going to have a choice. It痴 going to be a rough year, with no 1st round pick, thanks to the OHL sanctions. We as fans are just going to have to be patient, and get through 2019-20 as best we can. The Dogs will likely miss the playoffs( for the first time ever), and we are going to take our lumps. But thankfully in 2020-21, all will be restored.
We got our number one pick back we have one next season it the following year we don稚 have one . The Dogs have rebuild in the past.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 05:54 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Fan Base Emotional State 2019

[quote=strohs;127272]Wow that’s too bad FF your input in the forum will be missed as you bring objectivity to those with the Icedog coloured glasses on

I agree with many of the things you said ... especially on the BB front .... he loses his mind several times a game and IMO over some things that don’t deserve it ... I remember I think coulombe scolding him in the Oshawa series and pointing right at him ... you don’t see that very often .... you don’t see opposing coaches losing their minds as frequently .... the lack of discipline was troubling ....

JB up stairs ... total gongshow .... that’s all I have to say .... he was SCHOOLED this season ... whose to say he won’t get PLAYED when he tries to recoup the picks ? From my twitter time line It sounds like both of them have rubbed several organizations in the league the wrong way this season. I’m not completely convinced that he recoups everything everyone seems to think he will ... I know he’s got the cards but does he have the poker face and how many bridges has he burned ?

I’m not at the point of giving up my tickets this year but I’ve been considering maybe only getting a single ticket... it will leave my seat available beside me as a single and I can redeem unused tickets for a pair whenever I want ... plus although they are season tickets beside me no one regularly attends on either side ... I haven’t decided yet ... I’m on the fence ...

The dogs will be brutal next year ... more troubling to me was the direction the organization went down this year ... it was an absolute train wreck ... I don’t go to all regular games as it is as in simply too busy with family ... I usually only go to 20 or so and then sell off the rest to friends or on Kijiji .... I pretty much break even every year or get left with a pair or so I can’t use. I fear next year will be much different .

I can’t imagine I will ever totally give up going to games .... I love this brand of hockey I’m thrilled it is thriving in the area ... it’s a night out in the dull
Months of winter for a reasonable price ... and best of all you get to see the future stars of the NHL...

If my apathy ever hits the level of FF’s then that will be troubling .. FF is a DIE HARD OHL fan ... and if he is turned off by this management ... THAT IS THE START OF A HUGE PROBLEM... I’m sure he’s not alone in his feelings ...

Someone should send this thread to Icedogs ownership ... I’m sure it will fall on deaf ears ... but they should at least be listening to the heartbeat of the fan base ...

Strohs, you have captured & articulated in brilliant fashion the "state of the franchise" after a very pivotal season.
The Burke brain trust has to be aware of this sentiment & know that the nepotism has a price albeit their passion for the team.
If they do not acknowledge the "obvious", they may find there is a "cost" for their complacency/hope.
Thanks for your insight & your enthusiasm...
Old 04-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I think it should be mentioned here also that in the 12 seasons here that the Dogs have completed, none of them have been under a rebuild. Dave Brown never did it, Marty Williamson never did, Burkes, nada. I don’t think anyone here could talk about how awful an IceDogs rebuild would be. The Dogs have gone from ‘go for it’ year to ‘go for it’ year, while refusing to rebuild.
Now, I don’t think they’re going to have a choice. It’s going to be a rough year, with no 1st round pick, thanks to the OHL sanctions. We as fans are just going to have to be patient, and get through 2019-20 as best we can. The Dogs will likely miss the playoffs( for the first time ever), and we are going to take our lumps. But thankfully in 2020-21, all will be restored.

Uhmmmmm ...
They haven’t even been affected by the sanctions in this year’s draft ... so don’t blame this year on the sanctions .... blame it on him selling the farm ... and getting fleeced in trades

Make sure when Blane is laid it is appropriately laid ...

Old 04-19-2019, 07:01 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Uhmmmmm ...
They haven’t even been affected by the sanctions in this year’s draft ... so don’t blame this year on the sanctions .... blame it on him selling the farm ... and getting fleeced in trades

Make sure when Blane is laid it is appropriately laid ...

who's Blane?