Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,575,726   Msgs Posted: 128,709   Thread Views: 25,867,999   Online Now: 119
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:16 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Tuned in to Ice Dogs this week last night to hear their explanation of our early exit. Instead at the end of their show they announced that they will not be back next year. If I heard correctly they don't get paid and it is becoming too much of a strain on their real jobs and family.
They wouldnít have an explanation other than its playoff hockey and theyíre teenagers sometimes weird happens. As for them next year as far as I know/knew they donít get paid they do it cause they enjoy it and the team was just good to them and giving them what they got
Old 04-25-2019, 12:28 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

They’re not doing the show next year?? that’s really disappointing. I know IDTW wasn’t perfect, they weren’t always correct, but, man, it’s all we had! There’s so little OHL coverage out there on TV, and, good or bad, for a lot of things, they were the only source of information. I really hope somebody, somewhere fills in the gap as far as IceDogs and OHL coverage. Was any reason given for them to be stepping away?
Old 04-25-2019, 12:54 PM

Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,834 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Theyíre not doing the show next year?? thatís really disappointing. I know IDTW wasnít perfect, they werenít always correct, but, man, itís all we had! Thereís so little OHL coverage out there on TV, and, good or bad, for a lot of things, they were the only source of information. I really hope somebody, somewhere fills in the gap as far as IceDogs and OHL coverage. Was any reason given for them to be stepping away?
Not to brag, but more often than not the correct information was posted here first by the fine members of this Forum.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 01:14 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t doubt that
Old 04-25-2019, 05:11 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was any reason given for them to be stepping away?
Yes, it was becoming a strain on their regular jobs and family time. Apparently it took 20 hours a week of their time.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,513 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Theyíre not doing the show next year?? thatís really disappointing. I know IDTW wasnít perfect, they werenít always correct, but, man, itís all we had! Thereís so little OHL coverage out there on TV, and, good or bad, for a lot of things, they were the only source of information. I really hope somebody, somewhere fills in the gap as far as IceDogs and OHL coverage. Was any reason given for them to be stepping away?
official goodbye and thank you segment

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it was becoming a strain on their regular jobs and family time. Apparently it took 20 hours a week of their time.
Yea thatís probably about right if they have multiple home games a week
Old 04-25-2019, 10:22 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Well it was always a strain to watch them. I am not sure Niagara needs a distinct show every week plus an intermission show for away games too. I actually prefer to get the perspective of the other team when watching an away game and it's bad when IDTW break in. Nobody gets into cable to earn money, you have fun take in a game and get some notoriety maybe. There are better sources including Clark, Mawhood and BPSports, oh ya and HERE!
Old 04-26-2019, 09:19 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Well it was always a strain to watch them. I am not sure Niagara needs a distinct show every week plus an intermission show for away games too. I actually prefer to get the perspective of the other team when watching an away game and it's bad when IDTW break in. Nobody gets into cable to earn money, you have fun take in a game and get some notoriety maybe. There are better sources including Clark, Mawhood and BPSports, oh ya and HERE!
Only time I saw them during a intermission for an away game (except for commercials) was when they were in the US where they probably donít have intermission coverage
Old 04-26-2019, 02:00 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

I stop watching their show last year. They did a decent job interviewing the players but I didn’t find any of their other segments useful. Things like their hits and misses, if they still did that, really didn’t appeal to me. The only thing I will miss is their injury updates on Twitter but even that seemed unreliable this year. I think DJ rubbed a lot of people the wrong way as he often came across as being arrogant, especially on Twitter. That might not have been true but it was the perception.

I would love to see someone do a weekly Icedogs show on Cogeco. I think Rod Mawhood would be a good candidate or the 2 guys who run BPsports. They could use the show to promote their website. Or maybe even Clark/Burkholder/Galloway or the two radio guys.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 04-26-2019 at 02:02 PM.