Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos Online: 21,428    Downloads: 364,254   Msgs Posted: 79,190   Thread Views: 7,497,540   Online Now: 18
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:57 PM
2nd Line

blackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other membersblackjeep is well liked by the other members
Default No Lessio this morning

Didn't see Lessio this morning. Any update?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:48 PM
3rd Line

gallantfan is on a distinguished road

Not surprised at all. There really was no indication he was going to play. There was lots of time since draft day to make a decision. If he was going to play, he would have signed before training camp. NO one in their right mind makes this decision at the final hour. My opinion, of course!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:11 PM
All Star

Phil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond repute

everyone at the arena i talked to said Lessio is gone from the Dogs and will be going to Michigan but i have nothing confirmed from anyone within the organization but that was the talk this morning
Old 08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

Well my new avatar had a good 1 day run! lol
Old 08-27-2009, 03:15 PM
1st Line

strohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other members

That really is too bad, I have to agree though, if he was waiting this long to sign, I think the writing was on the wall, that he was not going to sign.

Well, in hindsight it is looking like a bad pick, but, after having watching Lessio play briefly yesterday afternoon, I could see why the Dogs felt it was worth a gamble.

Back to the drawing board for next year I guess!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
All Star

Phil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond reputePhil Margonis has a reputation beyond repute

people were saying there is a compensation pick for losing Lessio. i heard either a 1st or 2nd rounder as compensation but again notrhing confirmed

i'd like someone to clear the air on it
Old 08-27-2009, 03:28 PM
3rd Line

Section M is on a distinguished road

it will be a first round pick, one spot lower than where he was picked.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
1st Line

strohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other members

Yep I am aware of the compensatory pick.

He just looked so good, from the little I saw of him, I would have enjoyed watching him play here is all.

I'm just looking at the Dogs' roster coming up for this year, and, it is looking like we're going to have quite a few new players, more than I thought we would have....might be some growing pains...
Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
All Star

B-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud ofB-Rad has much to be proud of

The standard article from the other day reported it as an 8th overall next year (as Lessio was taken 7th overall). This will be in addition to our normal 1st rounder in 2010, correct?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:35 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,083 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
The standard article from the other day reported it as an 8th overall next year (as Lessio was taken 7th overall). This will be in addition to our normal 1st rounder in 2010, correct?
I would imagine so, otherwise there's no compensation really. Hopefully next year's draft will be a talent-filled one.