Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos Online: 22,337    Downloads: 387,164   Msgs Posted: 80,676   Thread Views: 7,668,831   Online Now: 13
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Meridian Center - planning, construction photos, etc.

Notices

Meridian Center - planning, construction photos, etc. All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
All Star

three dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to behold

I think they have an idea where the piling are to go I think it inside they have tweeked.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM
2nd Line

LocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I think they have an idea where the piling are to go I think it inside they have tweeked.
Yes that is correct. The footprint of the building is set so they know where to put the piles. It's the inside that is getting tweaked. I know they have already changed the concession stands as well as the location of some of the dressing rooms. As well, depending on how much of the contingency funds is left over from the pile driving stage, additional elements could be added into the arena. The city knows what they are doing.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 PM
1st Line

rabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud of

We shall see about that...lol
Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM
All Star

three dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to behold

I am sure the city will get it right this time I am sure they are getting the best advise by everyone in the know.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
1st Line

strohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
That's what I was thinking from day 1 of the construction. How can they even begin the base if they haven't even finalized what's going on top of it.
Don't forget, this is the same City that did all that excavating work for the PAC, and then has had to do significant changes to the design of the PAC so that it came in under their budget, LMFAO

I think we will be fine, I'm sure they have a very good idea of the footprint of the building, which is basically what the pilings are for. Everything else is just eye candy IMHO
Old 04-06-2013, 06:29 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,157 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

^^

The PAC was a different situation though. The design team and building team were 2 separate entities. I believe the design team said "yes, this is a design that can be built for X amount of dollars" and when the build team came in to construct the actual thing they said "it's going to cost WAY more than that."

With the arena, the designers/builders are the same folk.

Or so I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 04-07-2013, 01:32 AM
2nd Line

LocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
^^

The PAC was a different situation though. The design team and building team were 2 separate entities. I believe the design team said "yes, this is a design that can be built for X amount of dollars" and when the build team came in to construct the actual thing they said "it's going to cost WAY more than that."

With the arena, the designers/builders are the same folk.

Or so I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
You are correct.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 PM
All Star

Plus I did not notice much changes to the PAC after the cuts still looks like an active building.