Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos Online: 21,249    Downloads: 324,851   Msgs Posted: 77,811   Thread Views: 7,083,473   Online Now: 8
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > New Arena News/Talk/Planning

Notices

New Arena News/Talk/Planning All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:32 PM
2nd Line

LocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteLaneFarms View Post
Also
Anything about the score clock yet?
No but the city did ask for about $1.1 million to be set aside for the score clock in the original RFP.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 PM
2nd Line

LocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Thanks. I had thought the suite level was the private box level (ie: suites)

Did I miss how many rows of balcony seating there are? need to go re-read...
The suite level contains the private boxes at the sides and 4 rows of club seating at the one end. Is that the balcony seating you are referring to.

Last edited by LocalSportsReport; 08-13-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Since people are moving basically just ONE WAY each time, it would make sense to have both bridges as entry/exits. Since both will be used for people going in one direction IN before the game, and in one direction OUT of the arena after the game.

It would be a waste to funnel everyone onto one bridge going in, and have the other bridge empty, then have everyone funnel onto the other bridge after the game, leaving the 'entrance' bridge empty.
According to Herod's column, you can exit either bridge but can only enter the facility through the north bridge. This is the first I've heard about that although I know SMG was originally against having two main entrances and therefore wanted only one bridge built.

I think the concern is that there will only be a box office at the north entrance so if someone without a ticket tries to enter via the south bridge, they won't be able to buy tickets there and would therefore need to turn around, walk back on the bridge to St. Paul St. and then down St. Paul St. to the north bridge. However, I think proper signage telling people that there is no access to the box office from the south bridge would eliminate that concern. You could even station a person at the beginning of the south bridge to make sure that no fans enter the bridge without a ticket. But that person would need to be paid, as would additional ticket takers at the south entrance, which I think is a big concern for SMG.

If it becomes an issue, I think they will have to open the south bridge as a entrance. The other option is for the city to build a box office at the beginning of the south bridge, which was an extra cost option on one of the losing proposals. Of course, that is still something that can be done in the future if needed.

Last edited by LocalSportsReport; 08-13-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:33 AM
1st Line

strohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other members

I read the whole article, wow, this facility sounds absolutely incredible....one more year..............
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM
2nd Line

CoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by others

Thanks LSR..I'm really stoked!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 AM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is just really nicenotldogsfan is just really nicenotldogsfan is just really nicenotldogsfan is just really nice

Maybe the South Bridge will be open for season ticket holders?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:45 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,058 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalSportsReport View Post
The suite level contains the private boxes at the sides and 4 rows of club seating at the one end. Is that the balcony seating you are referring to.
I guess (??) I thought a balcony level would be a level of seating pretty much encircling the lower bowl.

So basically it's going to be a single large bowl design.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:50 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,058 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalSportsReport View Post
According to Herod's column, you can exit either bridge but can only enter the facility through the north bridge. This is the first I've heard about that although I know SMG was originally against having two main entrances and therefore wanted only one bridge built.
That also makes sense. Actually probably better sense. That way you can have one single box office location. And since people arrive all at different times - some like getting there as soon as doors open, some 10mins before puck drop - it shouldn't be a problem. And since everyone leaves at the SAME time, it would be best to have both walkways available.

Quote:
I think the concern is that there will only be a box office at the north entrance so if someone without a ticket tries to enter via the south bridge, they won't be able to buy tickets there and would therefore need to turn around, walk back on the bridge to St. Paul St. and then down St. Paul St. to the north bridge. However, I think proper signage telling people that there is no access to the box office from the south bridge would eliminate that concern.
Yep, I think a simple big "BOX OFFICE: USE OTHER BRIDGE -->>" sign would suffice.

Quote:
You could even station a person at the beginning of the south bridge to make sure that no fans enter the bridge without a ticket. But that person would need to be paid, as would additional ticket takers at the south entrance, which I think is a big concern for SMG.
Or a simple chain going across with a sign in the middle. Then someone could remove the chain at 2nd intermission or whatever.

Quote:
If it becomes an issue, I think they will have to open the south bridge as a entrance. The other option is for the city to build a box office at the beginning of the south bridge, which was an extra cost option on one of the losing proposals. Of course, that is still something that can be done in the future if needed.
Too bad they didn't use my design where there's 2 bridges that go to an open entrance area, and have the box office in the middle of that area.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:55 AM
All Star

three dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to beholdthree dog night is a splendid one to behold

The floor plans sound amazing cannot wait to see the pictures and I hope the year goes by fast.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM
3rd Line

dutchguy7 has a spectacular aura aboutdutchguy7 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to dutchguy7 Send a message via Yahoo to dutchguy7

First two steel beams are in the ground!