Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos Online: 21,419    Downloads: 356,714   Msgs Posted: 78,817   Thread Views: 7,441,795   Online Now: 29
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > New Arena News/Talk/Planning

Notices

New Arena News/Talk/Planning All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,076 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Yep, the structure is arisin!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 PM
1st Line

dogged74 is a splendid one to beholddogged74 is a splendid one to beholddogged74 is a splendid one to beholddogged74 is a splendid one to beholddogged74 is a splendid one to beholddogged74 is a splendid one to beholddogged74 is a splendid one to behold

Now that we're finally seeing the Canadian Tire Centre( making that up) literally take shape, wow. What a thrill its going to be to see this thing up and running! How exciting it will be on Opening Night! To then be able to sit in your New seat and marvel at what all the e-mailing, lobbying and fighting got us! Hopefully, at the end of this coming season the arena will be done to a point where it will look, outwardly at least, like an arena
I don't know about you, but I am super stoked about this year coming up!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2013, 01:08 AM
1st Line

strohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other members

I'm curious does anyone know what the actual outside of the building is going to look like? I'm also curious as to how much of the slums in behind will actually be covered up from the height of the arena? Anyone have any info? Localsportsreport guy?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM
2nd Line

trooper is a splendid one to beholdtrooper is a splendid one to beholdtrooper is a splendid one to beholdtrooper is a splendid one to beholdtrooper is a splendid one to beholdtrooper is a splendid one to beholdtrooper is a splendid one to beholdtrooper is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Now that we're finally seeing the Canadian Tire Centre( making that up) literally take shape, wow. What a thrill its going to be to see this thing up and running! How exciting it will be on Opening Night! To then be able to sit in your New seat and marvel at what all the e-mailing, lobbying and fighting got us! Hopefully, at the end of this coming season the arena will be done to a point where it will look, outwardly at least, like an arena
I don't know about you, but I am super stoked about this year coming up!
There is already a Canadian Tire Center in the OHL though
Old 08-20-2013, 10:46 AM
All Star

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
There is already a Canadian Tire Center in the OHL though
The 67's will be back at the civic centre next year when the renovations are done. So... there won't be a Canadian Tire Centre in the OHL when the Dogs arena opens.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:58 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,076 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I'm curious does anyone know what the actual outside of the building is going to look like? I'm also curious as to how much of the slums in behind will actually be covered up from the height of the arena? Anyone have any info? Localsportsreport guy?
Lots of pictures have been posted of the outside (although I think it's just a single artist-rendition picture in all the different sources that have posted it). 'Just gotta search a bit.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM
1st Line

strohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other membersstrohs is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Lots of pictures have been posted of the outside (although I think it's just a single artist-rendition picture in all the different sources that have posted it). 'Just gotta search a bit.
I thought those artist rendition pictures were basically pictures of another arena already constructed? (Guelph?)....I didnt think they were actually what the new arena was designed to look like. Perhaps I am wrong?

Any idea on whehter or not the arena will be high enough to cover up the slums of st catharines in the background?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought those artist rendition pictures were basically pictures of another arena already constructed? (Guelph?)....I didnt think they were actually what the new arena was designed to look like. Perhaps I am wrong?

Any idea on whehter or not the arena will be high enough to cover up the slums of st catharines in the background?
Only the inside bowl pic looks like a copy of Guelph. The others look to be original.

Will the building cover up the ghetto? OMG...one can only hope! PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 AM
2nd Line

LocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond reputeLocalSportsReport has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
Only the inside bowl pic looks like a copy of Guelph. The others look to be original.

Will the building cover up the ghetto? OMG...one can only hope! PLEASE!!!!!!
Yes, the picture of the outside of the arena is original and will probably look very close to what the actual arena will look like.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:19 PM
1st Line

Quote:
Driving back and forth to work every day I've seen the girders rising up from the ground and I am very pleased to see that they are quite tall, so the arena looks like it is going to cover up a lot of the slums of St. Catharines.....that's money well spent right there.....exciting to see it come along. I think that is actually a pretty good location for the rink. It has highway exposure, it has highway access that is already in place, it has two parking garages that are not a very far walk away, made accessible by the skywalks....and it covers up the slums of St. Catharines...what more could you ask for, onsite parking perhaps for us peons? True, but, considering everything, I think its an excellent location, especially for the $0 price tag.

Everyone said you can't build there 'cuz of the old canal...bla bla bla...looks like you can...you just need a lot of piles pounded really deep into the ground! City council should be commended for turning an eyesore of the city into a bustling hub of entertainment, when you consider the Brock School of Arts, PAC and the Spec Facility all within a one block radius, more orless.

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: